Safety Warning: Serious injury or death may result from an explosion of the tire/rim assembly due to the use of excessive pressure during mounting. Never exceed 35psi (240 KPA) to seat the beads. During tire inflation, always have assembly secured, atand clear, and use remote controlled clip-on air hose. Only specially trained persons should mount tires.
- Racing kart tires come tubeless in all sizes. Extra care should be taken to prevent air leakage from both the tire and the wheel. Double check for any damage to the tire bead, O-ring, or wheel rim. Never mount tires on unapproved rims (too wide or too narrow).
- The tubeless valve, TR412, is recommended.
- For best rim mounting and the prevention of bead damage, apply lubricant to the bead of the tire and the rim of the wheel before mounting.
- The maximum tire seating pressure is 35 psi.
- After assembling split rim wheels, make sure the bead of the tire is seated all the way around the circumference of the rim.
- Once seated and assembled, reduce pressure to 6-21 psi.
To insure proper mounting, all Bridgestone/Firestone Kart Tires display a directional sign on both sides of the tire.
A new tire has more grip. It is recommended to use new tires for actual races and pre-qualification. Use an old tire (half-used) for practice.
- For best results, adjust the inflation pressure according to your Kart’s performance characteristics.
Typical Pressure Ranges:
|Enduro Kart||14-21 psi|
|Sprint Kart||12-18 psi|
|Dirt/Asphalt Oval||6-12 psi|