Pressure Higher Lower Grip Decrease Increase Contact Area Decrease Increase Steering Response Quick Slow Lateral Stiffness Hard Soft Traction Braking Decrease Increase Wet Performance Increase Decrease Wear A B
- (A) Center part of tread wears quickly (B) Both sideparts of tread wear quickly
- In case slide speed is too fast (past grip limit point):Decrease the pressure
- In case of unsteadiness and/or tottering in turning the corner:Increase the pressure
- In case of rain condition:Increase the pressure
Vehicle Track Width
- If the circuit has long straights and has high average speed, the narrower track width is effective.
- If the circuit has many corners and has low average speed, then wider track width is effective.
- In the case of rain conditions: Narrow track width is effective (both front & rear).
- In the case of understeering: Widen the front track width or make rear track width narrower.
- In the case of oversteering: Widen the rear track width or make front track width narrower.